The 20 Top Education Articles: Our Picks from Around the Web
We love education articles—reading them and writing them. Moreover, we also like to share what others are interested in as well. It’s time then to end the week with a list of the 20 top education articles that have piqued our interest (and yours) over the last month or so.
There’s a little something for everyone here including pieces on edtech, STEM learning, assessment, classroom management, and lots more. We hope you enjoy our picks; please feel free to tell us all about some of your own!
Top Education Articles: 20 of Our Favourites
- The Journal: 7 Ways to Get More Girls and Women into STEM (and Encourage Them to Stay)
- USA Today: Is personalized learning the future? This high school thinks so.
- The Atlantic: Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
- TechCrunch: Pixar offers free online lessons in storytelling via Khan Academy
- Yahoo! Sports: Little League removes softball team from World Series over social media post
- The GDCF Blog: The Critical Thinking Skills Cheatsheet [Infographic]
- Washington Post: What happened when one school banned homework—and asked kids to read and play instead
- TeachThought: 34 Strategies For The Stages Of Assessment: Before, During & After
- FreeTech4Teachers: 4 Good Formative Assessment Tools for Classrooms That Aren’t 1:1
- NAEYC: The T in STEM: Creating Play-Based Experiences That Support Children’s Learning of Coding and Higher Order Thinking
- Edutopia: Why I Don’t Have Classroom Rules
- The Harvard Crimson: Harvard Rescinds Acceptances for At Least Ten Students for Obscene Memes
- ABC News: Snapchat’s new Snap Map feature raises privacy concerns
- Engadget: Oxford University will offer free online courses in 2017
- Josh Bersin: The Disruption of Digital Learning: Ten Things We Have Learned
- BBC News: How Canada became an education superpower
- The Guardian: Australian parents want schools to teach more social skills, survey finds
- The Economist: Technology is transforming what happens when a child goes to school
- The Renewal Project: Teen on a mission to inspire more STEM learning
- MindShift: Developing Students’ Ability to Give and Take Effective Feedback
Most Recent Articles
Asking meaningful questions is a cornerstone of learning and living because it's a practice we use every day. In fact, the majority of our success in life depends on asking the best questions followed by making the best decisions. In education, the...
Editor's note: This is an updated version of our flipped learning beginner's guide. Can you feel excitement about flipping your classroom? If you've never done it before it can be challenging to know where to even begin. That's why we've created this...
There is no reason why teachers shouldn’t embrace a role as fundamental players in the creativity revolution sweeping across global economies and societies. But being an innovative modern educator on the cutting edge of educational design can...