How we practice connecting to learners right now informs not only how well they learn, but how well they’ll continue to learn. As a busy teacher, you can benefit from a resource that helps you continue reaching students long after the lesson is done.
Now we explore those possibilities in depth in our latest book Future-Focused Learning: 10 Essential Shifts of Everyday Practice, available for pre-order now. It’s the clear pathway for connecting to learners and providing them with the best classroom and whole-school environment possible.
“Future-focused learning is a holistic (school- or system-wide) approach where learners strive together to find and solve real-world problems that matter, with a focus beyond the curriculum to the goal of encompassing and interlinking real-world education, and cultivating capabilities essential to ensure the learner’s success both in and beyond school.”
—from Future-Focused Learning: 10 Essential Shifts of Everyday Practice
Connecting to Learners of the Future Today
When educators embrace student-centered learning, classrooms transform, learning comes alive, and outcomes improve. Future-Focused Learning is a culmination of Lee Watanabe-Crockett’s ten-plus years of work with schools around the world.
Our newest book details 10 core shifts of practice, along with simple activities—”microshifts”—you can use with your students right now, no matter your curriculum or pedagogy. These shifts strive toward connecting to learners by taking the great work you already do and making it exceptional.
- Study 100 specific examples of classroom microshifts that make the larger shifts in practice simple and enjoyable to achieve.
- Connect the Essential Fluencies to the shifts of practice for developing learners’ skills and higher-order thinking capacity.
- Explore topics in student-centered learning competencies such as project-based learning, essential questions, STEM education, and digital skills.
- Learn why connecting to learners through improved emotional connections and clear learning intentions improves student-centered learning outcomes.
- Improve formative assessment practices to be more mindful, and further student engagement by involving them in the assessment process.
- Access an exclusive online bonus chapter that examines the value of Solution Fluency across a range of applications.
About the Author
Lee Watanabe-Crockett is coauthor of Growing Global Digital Citizens, Mindful Assessment, Understanding the Digital Generation, The Digital Diet, Living on the Future Edge, and the bestseller Literacy Is Not Enough. He works with educators and corporations in several countries, helping them make the shift to regain relevance and establish a culture of excellence. Joyful curiosity is the foundation of his approach to creating healthy learning environments for groups around the world.
Get ready to begin using these shifts of practice for connecting to learners and transforming their classroom experiences like never before. Pre-order your copy of Future-Focused Learning: 10 Essential Shifts of Everyday Practice below from Amazon.