Improving communication skills is a constant pursuit that can serve us well in the classroom and beyond. The quality and harmony of our relationships and how we share and utilize knowledge depend on how well we communicate with each other. When we’re fostering understanding between people by constantly striving toward improving communication skills, everything just works better for everyone.
Why communication is so important can be better understood by considering the side effects of having poor communication between two or more people. When we aren’t communicating properly, things like this happen:
- We don’t learn as well as we could when we communicate properly
- It can damage our productivity
- We can harbour misunderstandings or falsehoods about others
- People end up getting hurt for no reason
- It can create a sense of isolation and a feeling of “not being understood”
- It can damage our working and professional relationships
The practice of improving communication skills doesn’t need to be difficult, as the infographic below shows us. In 22 TechniquesThat Will Improve Your Communication Skills, we see a range of easily adoptable strategies for getting better at communication anytime. There are tips on how to write better emails, how to have better conversations, and how to run better meetings. It’s practical and sensible advice for improving communication skills that you can start using today.
Find more education infographics on e-Learning Infographics