The 30 Top Education News Stories That Caught Everyone’s Eye in 2016
Pull the lever on your classroom time machine, friends. We’re going to take a look back at some of the top education news stories that made the online circuit in 2016. These were no ordinary stories, either. According to BuzzSumo, these were the ones everyone was talking about.
Maybe you want to know how education is working in other parts of the world. How about checking out some must-see TED videos? You might want to hear about some of the radical things classrooms are doing to engage kids. Or maybe you just want to help your students do better in 2017. It’s all here and more.
30 Top Education News Stories from 2016
- Finland Will Become the First Country in the World to Get Rid of All School Subjects
- Taking Notes By Hand May Be Better Than Digitally, Researchers Say
- Former Special Education Student Publishes Best-Selling Children’s Book
- How to Raise a Creative Child: Step One—Back Off
- 12 Must-Watch TED Talks for Teachers
- What Kids Wish Their Teachers Knew
- Tips on Reducing Teacher Stress from the ‘Happiest School on Earth’
- 10 Distinctive Features of the Japanese Education System That Made This Nation the Envy of the World
- This School Replaced Detention With Meditation—The Results Are Stunning
- Why The Art of Speaking Should Be Taught Alongside Math and Literacy
- How To Help Quiet Kids Succeed
- Teachers Are Using Theater and Dance to Teach Math—And It’s Working
- To Get Into College, Harvard Report Advocates for Kindness Instead of Overachieving
- How Parents Set Their Kids Up for Success
- Eye-Opening Video Will Make Adults Reconsider The Way They Talk To Children
- Whirlpool Put Laundry Machines In Some Schools And Increased Attendance By 90%
- Fake News Or Real? How To Self-Check The News And Get The Facts
- Quiz: Can We Guess Your Education Level Based On The Books You’ve Read?
- A Child’s Brain Develops Faster With Exposure to Music Education
- Children Should Learn Mainly Through Play Until Age of Eight, Says LEGO
- Why Kids—Now More Than Ever—Need to Learn Philosophy. Yes, Philosophy.
- Second-Grade Teacher’s Unique Homework Policy Goes Viral
- The 1st Fully Kinesthetic Classroom in the USA is Continuing to Make Waves in Education
- E Is For Empathy: Sesame Workshop Takes A Crack At Kindness
- Stop Humiliating Teachers
- Want to ‘Train Your Brain’? Forget Apps, Learn a Musical Instrument
- High School Senior Who Got Into 5 Ivy League Schools Shares Her Admissions Essay
- Americans are Moving to Europe for Free College Degrees
- I Can’t Answer These Texas Standardized Test Questions About My Own Poems
- The Superior Social Skills of Bilinguals
Most Recent Articles
Much like death and taxes, education is an essential part of human life. In fact, unlike death and taxes, education is a part of the rest of the animal kingdom as well. Teaching the young is simply something that we do—helping them understand the...
Why begin exploring personalized learning? Teachers across the nation agree that students need to be prepared and equipped for the future after graduating. There has been much discussion on whether personalized learning is the approach to take to...
Turning around challenging student behaviour is about approaching any such situation with empathy and constructive attitudes. If you’ve taught in a classroom, you know this behaviour when you see it. It can be the bane of any teacher as well as a...